Why is it necessary to have an agency focused on the needs associated with domestic violence and sexual assault?
- There were 5 domestic violence related fatalities in our service delivery area in 2019
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men will experience physical violence by their partner at some point during their life (CDC)
- At least 5 million acts of domestic violence occur annually to women aged 18 years and older and over 3 million to men (CDC)
- Indiana ranks 4th highest in the nation for the number of reported rapes among high school girls. (CDC)
- Every 73 seconds an American is sexually assaulted (RAINN)
- 1 in 5 women and 1 in 71 men will report are victims of an attempted or completed rape ( NISVS)
- Only 5 out of every 1000 rapists will end up in prison (RAINN)
- 12-34-year-old are the highest risk for rape and sexual assault (RAIN)
- Every 9 minutes child protective services substantiate or finds evidence of a claim of sexual abuse (RAINN)
- 59% of child victims are assaulted by acquaintances and 34% are assaulted by family members (RAINN)
- 48% of sexual assaults take place at home (RAINN)
In 2019 our biggest investment was our time.
- We spent 1528 hours working directly with our clients
- We logged 2014 crisis or support calls
- Spent 364 hours serving our clients via the phone
- Spent 1068 hours working face to face with clients
- Advocated on behalf of clients 370 times
- We presented to 733 groups with a total of 14680 participants using evidence-based curriculums teaching personal (Child/Teen Safety Matters).
- 9 families used our Safe house to transition into safety and stability