- 11% of criminal charges filed in Dubois County were related to domestic violence or sexual assault.
- Three counties in our service area experienced domestic violence-related fatalities. Overall, Indiana experienced 98 fatalities from June 30, 2020 to July 1, 2021, a 181% increase from the previous year.
- Our advocates spent 1,528 hours working directly with clients.
- Our advocates logged 2,176 crisis and support calls.
- Our advocates assisted with filing 155 protective orders to help clients achieve a form of legal safety.
- We housed 30 people through our safe house program, which gives survivors a safe place to stay for a short time while working with advocates toward stabilization.
- Our advocates responded to 34 referrals from Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center.
- Our advocates responded to 77 referrals from law enforcement officers.
- We provided advocacy services for caregivers at 144 forensic interviews for cases of child abuse.
- We served 11 participants in our Domestic Abuse Intervention Program for female perpetrators.
- We served 36 participants in our Batterers Intervention Program for male perpetrators.
- Our primary prevention staff gave 306 presentations to 8,910 participants.
“My advocate was very nice and made me feel much better. I appreciate her kindness and willingness to help me.”