Crisis Connection Inc. provides 24/7 access to resources and support specifically aimed at meeting the needs of those impacted by domestic and sexual violence. We are here for those that have been harmed and their friends and family.
- 11% of criminal charges filed in Dubois County were related to domestic violence or sexual assault.
- Three counties in our service area experienced domestic violence-related fatalities. Overall, Indiana experienced 98 fatalities from June 30, 2020 to July 1, 2021, a 181% increase from the previous year.
- Our advocates spent 1,528 hours working directly with clients.
- Our advocates logged 2,176 crisis and support calls.
- Our advocates assisted with filing 155 protective orders to help clients achieve a form of legal safety.
- We housed 30 people through our safe house program, which gives survivors a safe place to stay for a short time while working with advocates toward stabilization.
- Our advocates responded to 34 referrals from Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center.
- Our advocates responded to 77 referrals from law enforcement officers.
- We provided advocacy services for caregivers at 144 forensic interviews for cases of child abuse.
- We served 11 participants in our Domestic Abuse Intervention Program for female perpetrators.
- We served 36 participants in our Batterers Intervention Program for male perpetrators.
- Our primary prevention staff gave 306 presentations to 8,910 participants.
“My advocate was very nice and made me feel much better. I appreciate her kindness and willingness to help me.”